Zell am See-Kaprun | Kals am Grossglockner | Weissee Gletscherwelt
Press Information – Brief Summary
Grossglockner ULTRA-TRAIL of Records
Course records in all routes, participants' record, nations' record: GGUT 2017 sets new benchmarks.
- Three distances: Grossglockner ULTRA-TRAIL (110k, 6 500 m altitude), Glockner Trail (50k, 2000 meters), Weissee Gletscherwelt Trail (30k, 1000 m)
- Four competitions: Grossglockner ULTRA-TRAIL, Glockner Trail, Weissee Gletscherwelt Trail, Team Relay GGUT 110|2
- Seven records: new best times in all competitions
- 1 143 participants from 36 nations
- Highest density with top athletes in all competitions
Zell am See – Kaprun, Kals am Grossglockner, Uttendorf Weissee, 23 July 2017
110k and 6 500 meters altitude around Austria’s highest peak: 332 athletes took the challenge of
Grossglockner ULTRA-TRAIL 2017, 811 runners participating in Glockner Trail (50k) and Weissee Gletscherwelt Trail (30k). “altogether 1 143 participants from 36 nations. "This has exceeded all
expectations" says organiser Hubert Resch about the new records at the most demanding trail running event in Austria. The records were broken in all ratings, altogether this means seven new
On the 110k race Klaus Gösweiner (AUT) and Gerald Fister (AUT) shared the triumph with a time of 15:03.45,8 (2016: 15:13.36,5). "After a thrilling head-to-head race from k50
onwards, we both knew, 60k ahead of the finish line that it was not possible to beat each other", says title holder Fister. Therefore, it is the third time that the ULTRA-TRAIL has two champions,
with two winners from 2015 (Gösweiner) and 2016 (Fister). Matthias Dippacher (GER) came in third.
Fastest woman is Juliette Blanchet (FRA), an international top runner with a time of 17:27.49,5 (2016: 18:43.07,1) ahead of Lada Stalzerova (CZE) and Daniela Karigl (AUT).
An absolute amazing record was established by the two top athletes Pau Capell (ESP) and Gediminas Grinius (LIT), who won the relay in 12:33.14,7 (2016: 14:03.23,1).
At Glockner Trail over 50k Markus Stock, last year’s winner, was able to cut his best time. With 4:47.49,3 (2016: 4:48.21,5) he beat his countryman Michael Kabichler (AUT) and
Hannes Namberger (GER). Last years' female winner could also defend her title as well as establish a new record. With a time of 5:37.36,3 (2016: 5:42.25,3) Sandra Koblmüller won, followed by Anna
Strakova (CZE) and Katrin Angerer (GER).
An exciting race was run by Matthias Bauer (GER) and Georg Egger (AUT) at the Weissee Gletscherwelt Trail (30k). After a fall of Egger 5k before the finish line, Bauer managed to
take the leading position and won with a new record of 2:56:18,7 (2016: 2:57.25,4) before Egger and Alexander Knoblechner (AUT). A new record was also set by Johanna Erhart (AUT): with a time of
3:17.15,4, she managed to beat her own record by unbelievable 17 min. Second woman Laetitia Pibis (AUT), followed by Christina Baur (AUT).
DYNAFIT as main partner at Grossglockner ULTRA-TRAIL
Title sponsor DYNAFIT, partner from the very start, is enthusiastic: "GGUT has definitely become one of the best Ultra Trail competitions internationally concerning participation, race conduct
and organisation. We are proud to be partner of that race", says Michael Költringer, marketing manager of DYNAFIT Austria and Germany. We are especially proud to have three winners from our
DYNAFIT team: Klaus Gösweiner, Markus Stock and Johanna Erhart.
Grossglockner ULTRA TRAIL GGUT 110
1. Gerald Fister & Klaus Gösweiner (15:03.06,3)
3. Matthias Dippacher (15:31.06,0)
1. Juliette Blanchet (17:27.49,5)
2. Lada Stalzerova (19:14.57,9)
3. Daniela Karigl (20:15.56,2)
Team Relay: GGUT 110/2
1. North Face - Vibram Team: Pau Capell & Gediminas Grinius (12:33.14,7)
2. Glockner Team: Paul Hasenauer & Englbert Rogl (16:22.27,7)
3. AquaReh LukaszTrasc: Lukasz Tracz & Wywloka (16:36.25,6)
Glockner Trail (50 km)
1. Markus Stock (4:47.49,3)
2. Michael Kabicher (4:50.06,2)
3. Hannes Namberger (4:52.24,3)
1. Sandra Koblmüller (5:37.36,3)
2. Anna Strakova (5:55.58,1)
3. Katrin Angerer (5:58.35,0)
Weissee Gletscherwelt Trail (30 km)
1. Matthias Baur (2:56.18,7)
2. Georg Egger (2:57.41,4)
3. Alexander Knoblechner (3:01.24,7)
1. Johanna Erhart (3:17.15,4)
2. Laetitia Pibis (3:23.00,1)
3. Christina Baur (3:43.58,6)
Join us on our trail around Grossglockner. Just relax an enjoy all impressions and emotions around Grossglockner and